Chef Megan's Featured Recipe
Chile Glazed Salmon w/ Fresh Green Beans
For Catering Services caterer best catering
4 pieces of salmon, skin on
Kosher salt to taste
Fresh ground pepper
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. butter unsalted
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 small jalapeño, minced
4 limes juiced
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 lb. green beans, cut into halves
1/4 c. Chopped cilantro
- Season salmon with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add olive oil, garlic, jalapeno and 1 tsp salt. Sauté for 2 minutes until the garlic has softened. Add lime juice, brown sugar and stir constantly with a rubber spatula. Once the sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat to low. Stir until sauce turns into a thin glaze, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter until very hot and almost smoking. Sear salmon on each side for 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let it rest.
- In a large skillet, bring 1/4 cup of water and 1 tsp salt to a boil. Add green beans, cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Beans should be tender and water should evaporate, if not drain excess water. Reheat glaze on low and add cilantro. If the glaze has become too thick, add a splash of water and stir well.
- Serve salmon on a bed of green beans and spoon glaze over crispy salmon. Add sesame seeds and Yummmmmmmy!!!!